Math teachers are pirates and they just want us to find X so they can find the treasure!
Welcome to Mrs. Anderson's new classroom website! I hope this is easy for you to use and to find all the information that you need! Contact me if you have any questions
Every Thursday after school in room D208 till 4:30
All students are welcome! Students may use this session to use techology, get help on homework/assignments, and to retake any summative assessment that were given in class.
If you are unable to attend a study session at the above time, please let me know and we can always arrange another possible time. Comet Cafe is also available.
Big Ideas Website/Homework Site:
http://clever.com/in/ad12portal (This webiste is only supported by Google Chrome....Please download if needed.)
Big Ideas Math will be the new website your student will be using to access their online textbook/online journal, homework, video tutorials, learning tools, online math games, key vocabuary review and almost anything else your student might need throughout a unit. This online resources is absolutely awesome if your student is ever absent. Students will be able to login and access the lesson and all practice materials for that day.
Student & Parent login information:
- Students must log into their Adams12 gmail account first (this can be found under the "links" tab on the main Century page. Students use their ID number as their logins and whatever password they created.)
- Students need to open a new tab and then go the "Clever" or click the link above. They will automatically be logged into the Big Ideas Website through their open Gmail account.
- Homework is assigned Monday through Friday unless there is an assessment on one of those days.
- All homework is done ONLINE through the above website and ALL work is shown in the students composition notebook.
- If a student does not have access to technology and is unable to attend the above study sessions times/Comet Cafe, that student will be given 5-10 minutes of class time to log their answers to their homework online.
- Homework is concidered practice and is not used towards the students final mark. However, students will not be given a retake opportunity on any summative assessment if their homework assignments are incomplete.
- Homework will be logged in Infinit Campus as a percentage rather than a rubric score of a 1-8.
Buzzmath is an educational website that aligns specifically with the Adams12 Common Core State Standards. When students log on to this website the teacher will have already assigned a specific assignment that is affiliated explicitly with the curriculum happening within the classroom. As students complete their tasks their results will be sent to their teacher who then can use that information to directly differentiate instruction to those specific students.
- Students must log into their Adams12 Gmail account first (this can be found under "links" on Century's main page.Students use their student ID number as their login and whatever password they individually created.)
- Students need to open a new tab and then go to Buzzmath or clink the link above. When they click "login" they then need to choose to login using "google Apps". They will then be automatically logged in if their Gmail account is active and open.
- Period 1: 8F7B-A4B9
- Period 2: 32CA-25A2
- Period 5: 7DA3-7863
- Period 6: Df48-9354
Schoology will be used as a tool to keep parents and students up to date on Core events and homework assignments. It is also a great tool to help the students collaborate outside of the classroom. Students should be checking their Schoology account every evening.
Students will be given:
- *Big Ideas hardback book - this will be turned back in at the end of the school year and must be in the same condition as it was given to the student.
- *Big Ideas soft journal - this will never come home and is to be used in the classroom only. This belongs to the student and will not be turned in at the end of the year.
http://mathsnacks.com/ratiorumble_game_en.html (Ch. 5: Ratios & Proportions)
http://www.sowashco.org/ro/pages/studentlinks/map/ (MAPS Differentiation)
www.edcite.com (PARCC practice website)