Mrs. Myers' Class
Welcome to Mrs. Myers' 8th Grade Math Class! I am very excited to work with you and your families this year!
I am always available to answer your questions via email or phone call.
- I am available Tuesday & Fridays from 7:40-8:15am or by appointment.
The other 8th grade math teachers are available to provide extra help, too!
- Mrs. Cox is available in F102 every morning from 7:40-8:15am
- Mr. Meade is available in G100 Wednesday at lunch and Thursday 4-4:30pm.
- You MUST have a pass to get into the building, so email me or get a signed pass the day before. You must enter through the LMC entry.
8th Grade Learning Snapshot:
In Grade 8 - Big Ideas Math, students will focus on three critical areas:
(1) formulating and reasoning about expressions and equations;
(2) grasping the concept of a function;
(3) analyzing two- and three- dimensional space and figures.
Students will study and learn with the 8 Mathematical practices.
- Students: Access your textbook online here
- Utilize your resources: Khan Academy, my website, extra help, Infinite Campus, the Core Calendar, get skill builders on www.mathsmate.com and of course, friends & family :)
- Here's a link for free graph paper
- MAPS Practice Websites:Try your best to improve your MAPS score here!
- HEY PARENTS: Don't forget that there's a parent portal for the Big Idea Math Curriculum.
Assessment Retake Policy:
- Summative assessments that qualify for a “retake” must be completed within a week of the date the assessment was given back (criterion A summative tests).
- Student growth must be shown in order to reassess. Growth includes meaningful corrections on the failed assessment, and completion of a study packet to review the material being assessed.
- The practice packet must be signed by a parent/guardian in order to retake summative assessment.
- Student must attend at least 1 help session BEFORE retake with any 8th grade teacher.
- Teachers may choose to not allow a reassessment if at least two or more opportunities will be offered for the skills to be demonstrated in future assessments, OR two or more opportunities have already occurred.
The Course Syllabus is attached ;)
|Student GRADES - formative vs. summative scores.docx||13.43 KB||07/31/2018|
|CMS 8th Grade Honors Syllabus 19-20.pdf||160.96 KB||08/14/2019|
|CMS 8th Grade Syllabus 19-20.pdf||160.07 KB||08/14/2019|
|Mrs. Myers' Honors Letter.pdf||78.31 KB||08/14/2019|
|Mrs. Myers' Reg Letter.pdf||78.19 KB||08/14/2019|