7th Grade - Colorado
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
We are so excited to start another great year here at Century Middle School and to have you be a member of the Colorado Core community. While this year is going to start in an unfamiliar way, we are optimistic that this year will be great! Below is some basic information about remote learning and our core expectations.
All core classes will be using SCHOOLOGY as their primary platform of information.
- Students will find all things necessary for classes on adams12.schoology.com
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays will be synchronous learning
- Students will follow their school schedule and attend each class throughout the day
Wednesdays will be asynchronous learning
- Students will have access to teachers to ask questions and do small groups but will not being necessarily doing each class.
- In addition, we will continue to use Infinite Campus as our online gradebook.
Help sessions for the Colorado Core will be held at various times on Wednesdays.
Sack (English): 9:00am-10:00am Swain (Math): 9:45am-10:45am Lockwook (Science): 1:00pm-2:00pm
Wallace (Individual and Society): 12:15pm-1:15pm
Communication between parent/guardians and teachers is a vital component in your student’s education. As a core we will be using Infinite Campus’ messenger, our core calender, schoology, and individual email to communicate with parents/guardians/students. Please track your student’s academic achievement, by accessing the Infinite Campus parent portal, weekly. Note: assignments will be listed in the schoology calendar and assessments will be listed on both the schoology calendar as well as the core calendar
If you have any difficulties with the parent portal, please call the registrar 720-972-5240.
The best way to reach us is by email. Teachers are not available to take telephone calls during the day, but feel free to leave a voice mail message. You can expect a response to voicemail or email within 24 hours unless we are out of class or it's the weekend. If you would like to meet with a teacher or core team, please make an appointment. Making arrangements ahead of time will ensure that we are able to devote our time and full attention to you.
It is important to check IC every week to monitor grades. Scores will be posted at a minimal on the dates below:
October 8th December 1st February 1st April 15th May 1st
Contrary to popular belief, all assignments including formative are important to their grades. Failure to complete practice and receive feedback will limit the ability to check for understanding and receive appropriate feedback before the end of a unit.
- Formative: used to provide feedback to students in order to check understanding and prepare for assessments
Summative: “assessments” are used to evaluate student learning against the standards and rubrics.
Late/missing work will be entered in IC when teachers have an opporunity as the first priority is grading current assignments.
- Attendance will be taken and recorded daily.
- Students will be considered in attendance when they are online and attending a synchronous period of instruction, according to their schedule. This includes being "present" the last 10-15 minutes of class.
- Parents will continue to call their school’s attendance line to excuse absences as appropriate when the student will not be attending synchronous learning and/or attending a Learning Pod, this includes if a student is partially absent from class.
- It is the student’s responsibility to check schoology and complete missed work.
- Number of days absent = number of days +1 day to make up.
- Absent on a test day? You are expected to make up the test upon return to school. Failure to do so will result in a 'zero' score.
If you were here the day an assignment was given, and you miss the day it was due, you must turn it in upon return.