8th Grade - Blizzard
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
We are so excited to start another great year here at Century Middle School. We know this year is starting off unlike any other, however, we are optimistic that this year will be great! Below is some basic information about our core expectations. Here is the Welcome Back Slideshow that we showed during the whole core meeting.
- All core classes will be using SCHOOLOGY as their primary platform of information.
- We will continue to use Infinite Campus as our online gradebook.
Help sessions for the Blizzard Core will be held at various times on Wednesdays. However, students and parents/guardians can ALWAYS email if there are any questions or concerns.
Ms. Brown (Sci): Wednesday Lunch Mrs. Myers (Math): Tuesday 8:20-9:00am
Mr. Jones (I&S): Thursday 4:15-4:45pm Mr. Hand (L&L): Friday 8:15-8:45am
Communication between parent/guardians and teachers is a vital component in your student’s education. As a core we will be using Infinite Campus’ messenger to send updates weekly. Please look for a CORE EMAIL on WEDNESDAYS :)
If you have any difficulties with the parent portal, please call the registrar 720-972-5240.
The best way to reach us is by email. Teachers are not available to take telephone calls during the day, but feel free to leave a voice mail messages. You can expect a response to voicemail or email within 24 hours unless we are out of class. Please schedule an appointment if you would like to meet with a teacher or core team. Making arrangements ahead of time will ensure that we are able to devote our time and full attention to you.
It is important to check IC every week to monitor your grades. Scores will be posted at a minimal on the dates below:
September 23 October 28 December 17 January 27 February 24 March 31 April 28
Contrary to popular 8th grade student belief, all assignments including formative are important to their grades. Failure to complete practice and receive feedback will limit your ability to check your understanding and receive appropriate feedback before the end of a unit.
- Formative: used to provide timely feedback to students in order to check understanding and prepare for assessments
Summative: “assessments” are used to evaluate student learning against the standards and rubrics.
Late work will be entered in IC when we get to it. Our priority is grading current assignments.
The core calendar will be updated daily/weekly by each teacher, please check it regularly for assignments. The core webpage contains links to personal teacher sites, the 8th grade project, and upcoming field trip and activities information. Here's a link to the Blizzard Core Calendar
- Attendance will be taken and recorded daily.
- Parents will continue to call their school’s attendance line to excuse absences as appropriate when the student will not be attending
- It is the student’s responsibility to check the Blizzard Core calendar for missed work
- Number of days absent = number of days +1 day to make up
- Absent on a test day? You are expected to make up the test upon return to school.
If you were here the day an assignment was given, and you miss the day it was due, you must turn it in upon return.