6th Grade - Galileo
Galileo Core Families,
As we begin our third full week of remote learning, we would like to make the work and learning expectations clear. Each of your child’s 6 classes should be assigning 2–2.5 hours of work each WEEK. This work should be done independently with teacher support through office hours. It is best to have urgent questions posed before Friday. All work will be due on Fridays for all classes.
On Monday of each week, the assignment(s) for the week will be uploaded on the teacher’s Google Classroom page. Students should check in with each of their classes on Mondays to see the expectations for the week and then set a schedule to complete the work. Each teacher will have opportunities for students to ask questions by Zoom, Hangouts, or email. Putting all due dates for the week in one place may help some students stay organized; print or make an electronic copy of our "refrigerator page" organizer template or make a copy of electronic checklists in Google Docs (simple | detailed).
Read our full letter for detailed information, including a sample schedule to help your 6th-grade student be most successful. Visit the Adams 12 website for information and resources from the district.
Mrs. Anderson, Mr. Brask, Miss Harrison, and Ms. Wilson
Virtual "Online" Learning:
Due to recent events Adams 12 is utilizing remote learning through the rest of the Adams 12 school year. So to do your school work you'll need daily access to the internet & an Electronic device.
Where is the classroom now? Where are the Resources?
- Google Classroom, Infinite Campus for Grades, Big Ideas Math website, Discovery Techbook, your school email, & our Core Calendar on this website!
- I'd say the Core Calendar & Google classroom are the most important places to check.
When will stuff be posted?
- We won't all update at the same time & we all have different office hours. See the core calendar & Google Classroom to stay up-to-date on those events.
- Math will make assignments available on Monday. Students finish by Friday at midnight. Grades posted by following Monday when possible. Office Hours are for help with your independent work.
- District attendance policies apply. If you don't turn in work on-time or consistently, it will count as you not attending.
- We are following district grading policies.
- For the most part, this hasn't changed from what is listed on your Syllabi.
- Check Infinite Campus frequently.
- Check below
Mondays: 1-3pm, Tuesdays: 9-10 am & 4-5pm, Wednesdays: 10-12pm, Thursdays: 9-10am & 4-5pm, Fridays: 1-3pm (or by appointment any day)
Mondays - Fridays: 9-10am & 1-2pm
Mondays: 11am-1pm, Tuesdays: 4-6pm, Wedesdays: 11am-1pm, Thursdays: 12-2pm, Fridays: 11am-1pm (or by appointment any day)
Mondays: 8-9 am & 2-3 pm, Tuesdays: 10-12pm, Wedesdays: 8-9am & 2-3pm, Thursdays: 10-12pm, Fridays: 7-8am & 1-2pm
Mondays: 9-11am, Tuesdays: 2-4pm, Wednesdays: 12-2pm, Thursdays: 12-2pm, Fridays: 9-11am
Mondays: 9:30-11:30am, Tuesdays: 1:30-3:30pm, Wednesdays: 9:30-11:30am, Thursdays: 1:30-3:30pm, Fridays: 9:30-11:30am