Mr. Biller's Class
Welcome to Mr. Biller's 6th grade math class. It is going to be a great year!
Please see my class syllabus and welcome letter at bottom of this page.
If you ever have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Email is preferred and quicker. firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be available every Tuesday morning from 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM for study session. During this time students can use this time for additional help with homework/assignments, use technology, and retake summative assessments. If you are unable to make the Tuesday morning session, let me know and we can work something out.
Big Ideas / Homework Site:
http://clever.com/in/ad12portal (This webiste is only supported by Google Chrome....Please download if needed.)
Big Ideas Math will be the new website your student will be using to access their online textbook/online journal, homework, video tutorials, learning tools, online math games, key vocabuary review and almost anything else your student might need throughout a unit. This online resource is absolutely awesome if your student is ever absent. Students will be able to login and access the lesson and all practice materials for that day.
Student & Parent login information:
- Students must log into their Adams12 gmail account first (this can be found under the "links" tab on the main Century page. Students use their ID number as their logins and whatever password they created.)
- Students need to open a new tab and then go the "Clever" or click the link above. They will automatically be logged into the Big Ideas Website through their open Gmail account.
- Homework is assigned Monday through Friday unless there is an assessment on one of those days.
- All homework is done ONLINE through the above website and ALL work is shown in the students composition notebook.
- If a student does not have access to technology and is unable to attend the above study sessions times/Comet Cafe, that student will be given 5-10 minutes of class time to log their answers to their homework online.
- Homework is considered practice and is not used towards the students final mark. However, students will not be given a retake opportunity on any summative assessment if their homework assignments are incomplete.
- Homework will be logged in Infinite Campus as (T) Turned in, (M) missing.
Homework Example: see attachments below!
Buzzmath is an educational website that aligns specifically with the Adams12 Common Core State Standards. When students log on to this website the teacher will have already assigned a specific assignment that is affiliated explicitly with the curriculum happening within the classroom. As students complete their tasks their results will be sent to their teacher who then can use that information to directly differentiate instruction to those specific students.
- Students must log into their Adams12 Gmail account first (this can be found under "links" on Century's main page.Students use their student ID number as their login and whatever password they individually created.)
- Students need to open a new tab and then go to Buzzmath or clink the link above. When they click "login" they then need to choose to login using "google Apps". They will then be automatically logged in if their Gmail account is active and open.
Group Codes: TBA
Students will be given:
- Students will have access to a hardback textbook, as well as access to the online version
- *Big Ideas soft journal - this will never come home and is to be used in the classroom only. This belongs to the student and will not be turned in at the end of the year.
- Students are responsible for pencils and notebook and misc school supplies
http://mathsnacks.com/ratiorumble_game_en.html (Ch. 5: Ratios & Proportions)
http://www.sowashco.org/ro/pages/studentlinks/map/ (MAPS Differentiation)
www.edcite.com (PARCC practice website)
|Andys back to school.pptx||7.5 MB||08/23/2020|
|BigIdeas online homework letter to parents (2).docx||14.57 KB||08/12/2018|
|Biller Syllabus.doc.docx||54.02 KB||08/12/2018|
|Biller1 Grade 6 Math 2020-21 Syllabus.docx||53.33 KB||08/23/2020|
|Math Criterion A Year 1 (1).docx||24.01 KB||08/12/2018|
|Math Criterion B Year 1.docx||24.39 KB||08/12/2018|
|Math Criterion C Year 1.docx||24.23 KB||08/12/2018|
|Math Criterion D Year 1.docx||24.41 KB||08/12/2018|
|Socrates - Welcome Letter.docx||13.84 KB||08/12/2018|