Welcome to Century's Learning Pods!
We are very excited to have you here!
Here is a short bio about each of the Learning Pod Leaders :)
- Stacie Hintz - My name is Stacie Hintz, and I am an SSN paraprofessional from Rocky Top Middle. I will be working with the SSN kids here at Century during the Learning Pod period. I have been with the district for 8 years, and I love working with the kids.
- Kristen Lyons - I was born in Oregon and moved to Boulder when I was 3 years old. I graduated from Colorado State University. I live in Superior with my 15 year old son and our dog Lily. My favorite food is Italian dishes like spaghetti and pizza.
- Lori Badsky - Hi my name is Mrs. Lori and I'm an SSN Para for Century Middle school. This is my second year working for Adams 12 school district. I was a preschool teacher for over 30 years prior to working here. I am a wife and a mother of 2 kids and a granddaughter and 2 lab puppies.I'm looking forward to a great 2020-2021 school year!
- Chris Vaness - Hi! My name is Chris Vaness. All the kids call me Mr. Chris. A little bit about me. I was born in Hawaii, but grew up in Southeastern Massachusetts. Speaking with a weird New England accent can be a chore to understand. So, feel free and don't hesitate to ask for a translation. I attended the University of Massachusetts where I graduated with a BA in History and a minor in education. I then attended Bridgewater State University in the masters of education program, majoring in special needs. I decided it was time for a break, when the economy turned for the worse and there were no teaching opportunities in Massachusetts. I moved to Colorado on an invitation from family and worked for a regional utility company until 2014. I returned to education in the early winter of 2015 and have been with the district ever since. I currently am a behavioral para through early intervention services, within the student engagement initiatives program, at Adams 12 five star schools. Iḿ a single dad of three lovely girls and live in the Thornton area.
- Rita Carothers - Hello. I am Rita Carothers. It's pronounced just like it is spelled...car-others. Easy Right! I have a daughter, Dakota, who attends school at Century as well. I have an awesome Husband, Scott. We got married in Las Vegas 13 yrs ago. I also have an older Son, and three grandchildren. I have been with Adams 12 for 3.5 yrs., and was hired for Nutrition Services. I started at Hunters Glen Elem., and then went to Century MS. The last several years I have also done child care after school. I have worked for 4 different families. I enjoy that very much. I love to grow a vegetable garden and can and preserving food for my family to eat on a cold winter's night. I also love to cook and do baking, mostly at the Holidays. I am a CO native, born and raised on a farm in Eastern Colorado. I have 7 siblings, and my Mom still lives in Stratton, CO, where she was born and raised.
- Scott Powers - I’ve been married for 27 years and have 3 children. I am also a Gulf War Veteran. I like to cook and can grill just about anything.
- Leslie Shipman - I love being outdoors hiking, working in my garden, and exercising. I also enjoy spending time with my husband of 38 years, 2 kids, grandson and granddaughter.
- Tim Flaherty - I live with my wife, daughter, son and our dog Finn. I was born on St. Patrick’s Day and I coach baseball and softball. I also love pizza, spaghetti and enchiladas.
- Taylor Dushane - Hello! My name is Taylor Dushane. I graduated from Colorado State University with a degree in Human Development and Family Studies concentrating in Intervention and Prevention Sciences. I have worked for Adams 12 Five Star Schools for almost 2 years as a Significant Support Needs Paraeducator and look forward to meeting our students and supporting their growth during the school year.
- Tia Padilla - Hello, I am Tia Padilla. This is my first year working in the Significant Support Needs program at Century Middle School and prior to that I was an Instructional Leader for a Life Skills program in California. I am excited to be working at Century and cannot wait to see what this year will bring!
- Melissa Espinal-Miner Hello, I am Melissa Espinal-Miner. This is my first year working in the Significant Support Needs program at Century Middle School and prior to that I worked at Head Start and for Adams County. I am excited to be working at Century and cannot wait to see what this year will bring
- Barb Monroe - Hi, I am Barb Monroe and I graduated from CU Boulder with a BA in Psychology and an emphasis in elementary education. I recently joined the Adams 12 5 Star school district as a special needs paraeducator. I have worked at Horizon High School and I am super excited to part of the Century Middle School team this year. I have worked with children of all different ages. I was a director of a short-term, emergency, non-profit daycare in Boulder (Infant-7 years old), as well as a director of a math tutoring center in Westminster working with students from all over the district (k-12). I have been married to my husband for over 30 years. He, as well as our 3 adult children are all products of Adams 12 schools: Wyco Elem, Malley Elem, Woodglenn Elem, Hulstrom Elem, Glacier Peak Elem, Hulstrom Options, Northeast Junior High, Rocky Top Middle, Northglenn Middle, Northglenn High School, Legacy High School (for one semester of Math only), and Thornton High School. We have a Bichon Frise dog named Sebo, who is 14 years old. I enjoy spending time with my family, playing games, reading, puzzles of all kinds, crafts, gardening and exercising in my free time.
- Laura Bolton - I used to be a teacher at a daycare. I have 2 wonderful children and we love to spend time outdoors and traveling. Our favorite place is Yellowstone National Park. I also love dinosaurs and Star Wars.
- Shania Ruybal
- Elda Figueroa