Nutrition Services News
New Special Dietary Needs Procedure
Adams 12 Nutrition Services understands that there are many students in our schools with special dietary needs. Nutrition Services wants to make you aware of our Special Dietary Needs procedures.
Adams 12 WILL:
- Make meal modifications (substitutions) prescribed by a licensed physician to accommodate a dietary disability based on a medical statement completed and signed by a licensed physician (doctor of medicine or osteopathy).
- Make modifications (substitutions) for students as called for in their Section 504 or an IEP plans.
Adams 12 WILL NOT:
- Make meal modifications (substitutions) prescribed by a medical authority due to a food allergy/intolerance or other medical condition that does not rise to the level of a disability.
- In this case, Adams 12 Nutrition Services WILL provide nutrition information regarding ingredients in menu items specific to the student’s allergy or intolerance to help parents and students make appropriate meal choices.
- Make substitutions for fluid cow’s milk due to a food allergy or intolerance or for other reasons.
For a copy of our Special Dietary Needs Paperwork, Allergen information and Carbohydrate count, please visit our website at …http://www.adams12.org/nutrition_school_meals
Beginning in the 2014-2015 school year, elementary and middle schools (K-8), in Adams 12 School District will be “peanut cautious”. “Peanut cautious” means that there will be no peanut-containing menu items served in those schools. It does not mean that we are “peanut-free”. Adams 12 Nutrition Services does not guarantee that all of our menu items for K-8 were produced in a facility that is 100% peanut and tree nut free, some items may be processed in a plant that process peanuts or tree nuts.