We are so thankful for our parent volunteers! Whether you join classes on a field trip, help in the copy room, monitor in the lunch room, donate food for staff meals, participate in our school events or just stop by, we are very appreciative for your help!
If you'd like to be on the mailing list to find out more, please fill out this form!
If you'd like more information, please send Jennifer Ashford an email.
Lunch Room Volunteers
We'd love your help monitoring in the lunchroom (just sign-in at the office first):
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays:
- 6th grade 10:52-11:22
- 7th grade 11:55-12:25
- 8th grade 12:50-1:20
- 6th grade 10:19-10:49
- 7th grade 11:09-11:39
- 8th grade 11:53-12:23
Library Makerspace Parent Volunteers
We need to find adult, parent volunteers who would be willing to commit to a two hour block each week or month, that we can schedule throughout the year, as you are available. Blocks will be offered twice a day, 2 hours in the morning, or 2 hours in the afternoon, both during the school day.
We would show you how to use the Items of the Week, and you would be working with a few students at a time, to show them how to use the item, play, monitor its use, and monitor student cleanup.
Teachers will be given a pad of passes that students can request a visit if they have extra time. This will allow a small trickle of students access to the space during the day.
The more parent volunteers we have, the more students can come access the items during the school day.
Contact information for Makerspace Volunteers:
phone: 720-972 -3274
School Improvement Team
The School Improvement team is a group parents , community members and staff, who meet once a month to provide an open dialogue and communication with the School Administration and teachers about the current status, future status, questions for that months topic. In addition we ask that you be open to sharing that information with fellow parents. Developing lifelong learners is an important role of parents and educators. There is no greater gift than the gift of your time. It is good to be a part of the team.
The mission of the School Improvement Team (SIT) is to engage the community in the success of Century Middle School in providing educational experiences to ensure students reach their full potential.
We will do this through:
- partnering with stakeholder groups;
- facilitating communication between parents and educators;
- providing tools and resources to empower parents to more effectively engage in Century;
- advocating for parents and community members who have questions or concerns; and
- mentoring parents and community members interested in leadership positions within Century.
There are different pathways for participation in the Century SIT:
- Participate through regular attendance at monthly SIT meetings. See Below for a calendar of meetings
- Participate on a drop-in basis by attending SIT meetings that are of interest to you throughout the year. Meetings are open to the public and there is no need to register as an official SIT member. See below for a calandar of meetings
- Serve in an official capacity as a representative of your school-level improvement team (SIT) at the district level. SIT Representative attends regular meetings at their school and report to the DSIT accountability committee (DAC) several times a year. For more information on SIT Representative opportunities, please contact your school Principal.
Here is a list of the dates for the School Improvement Team meetings:
- Tuesday, September 26, 2018 at 2:30pm
- Tuesday, November 28, 2018 at 2:30pm
- Tuesday, January 30, 2019
- Tuesday, April 24, 2019
Please check out other great volunteer opportunities offered on each page!